Thursday, January 1, 2009

Things I have learned in the last week

For the last week, Tod and I have been kid-less. It has been wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I love my children. I love being a mother. I have decided though, there is a difference between the kids spending the night at Grandma's house and being gone for a week. When the kids are gone a week, you can really get into being without kids. While the kids were gone, I observed a few things and learned a few things...here they are.

1. I like my husband.
2. The living room stayed clean for 5 whole days. No kidding.
3. Tod and I could not make enough dirty dishes to do a load of dishes in the dishwasher.
4. There is such a thing as sleeping in.
5. Sleep comes much easier and long in the mornings when the T.V. isn't on, no one is arguing with anyone else, or coming in to see if we are awake yet.
6. Cleaning the house goes quicker without kids.
7. You can see progress when cleaning the house.
8. When it is all said and done, (raising the kids that is) Tod and I will still have lots of things to talk about and we will both genuinely enjoy eachother's company.

Just a few things I have learned this week. Let's hear it for Melinda for taking Madelyn for Grandma camp and Jared and Christina for taking Spencer to visit with his cousins. I feel refreshed and see a bit of a different perspective on life. Thanks.

No comments: