Thursday, January 1, 2009

Popping in the New Year

Just 15 minutes ago, Madelyn, Spencer and I rang in the new year with Poppers and pots and pans. Both of the kids were very tired and, although they protested, were put to bed at 7:45 p.m. and promptly went to sleep. I told they I might wake them up to watch the new year come in. Well as the time got closer, I decided they would really want to participate so I woke them up about a 1/2 an hour before midnight. Madelyn said she did not want to get up. Spencer said he did and quickly got out of bed. Amazingly, Madelyn decided to get up too. Maybe she decided if her brother was going to participate, she wanted to also. In the time it took me to blow my nose in the bathroom (battling the beginings of a cold) both of my children were up and out of bed and wrapped in blankets on the couch. They watched the Jonas Brothers perform on TV and watched the count down. They we went and got our poppers and pots and pans and went outside and let off 2 full packages of poppers. I guess I didn't give an accurate tutorial on how to properly set off a popper because Spencer pulled the string on his popper with the part that should be aimed up, aimed down...right into his pj sleeve. When it was all said and done, I was pulling streamers out of Spencer's sleeve. Funny Huh?

Madelyn remembered a New Year's we spent in WA with Tod's family. She remembered that Grandma had poppers and noise makers for New Year's celebration. I am glad that she rememberd that. It was 2 years ago when she was 7.

Well Happy New Year. Who knows what this year will hold. Well, off to blow my nose again.

No comments: