Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Book update

I wanted to give an update on the books I am reading. So the last book post said
"The Manning Grooms (2 books contained within)
1. Bride on the Loose (Finished)
2. Same Time Next Year (Currently Reading)"

Well I finished reading Same Time Next Year and I really liked it. I am now a Debbie Macomber fan. At the beach, I returned the Manning Brides and the other Christmas book to my mom and sent with her two of my books, "The Manning Grooms," and, "Peter and the Star Catchers."

Peter and the Star Catchers is c0-written by humorist Dave Barry and Ridley Pierson. It is their version of how Peter Pan came to be. I enjoyed it. Who doesn't love Peter Pan. It was fun to romp around in that world again. I bought the book a few years ago and therefore doesn't count as a current read.

On with the business. I am currently reading, "Death in Zanzibar," by M.M. Kaye. I am really enjoying this book it is a romantic murder mystery. The timing is just after WWII and a young woman, Dany Ashton, finds herself being framed for murder. This all takes place with the backdrop of the beginings of commercial flight and how that opened up the world to travel and adventure. Dany can think of nothing greater than to see Zanzibar. It sounds exciting and exotic to her. She also begins to fall in love and has to lean on others to help her out of this very sticky situation she had found herself in. It has been a fun read. Still working on it though so I will make a note when I am done with it and moving on to the next book. Thanks Christina for such a great Christmas present. I love my box o' books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THough it's a fun story by itself, the Barry/Pearson novels completely contradict J.M. Barrie's original stories. It seems as if they never even bothered to read them!

Have you seen this Peter Pan adventure? It's very diffrent:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Peter-Pans-NeverWorld-Picks-Up/story.aspx?guid=%7B575A5B1F-CF9E-45C4-9339-FBD24F6AEEA3%7D


BELIEVE!