Sunday, January 4, 2009

Beef Turkey

Yesterday, Tod took the kids into the 7-11 and got them a treat. Both kids came out showing me what they had choosen. (By the way, Tod says Spencer has the Michelle disease when it comes to picking out treats, he takes forever to decide) Spencer kept going on and on about his treat but Daddy was going to let him have a bite of, "Beef Turkey." I couldn't figure out what he was saying until Tod gave me that look. You know the look one parent gives to another when the child is saying something really cute and you don't want to draw attention to the flawed word because it is so cute the way they are saying it so you just go along with it? That is what Tod did with me as he held up a piece of beef jerkey. I had to turn away my head and silently laugh at Spencer and his word.

Thank goodness children give us so many things to laugh at.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How funny - no matter how much we correct him, Drew can't say "jerky" either - it is always "turkey". Must be in the genes.