Monday, May 4, 2009

Forcing myself

I am forcing myself to write to get back into the swing of things. So let me start out by listing a few things that have happened and maybe I will feel inspired.

Spencer got an orange card at school (This is bad).
Spencer is good at math.
Madelyn is not.
Tod DJ'ed a lot this weekend.
I am the secretary at Primary.
YM/YW Auction Dinner was Saturday and I won a few things.

Ok, I think I will tell about the Orange Card.

Every day in kindergarten, the children get graded on their citizenship/participation/attention in class. Normally Spencer comes out with a green paper. Every child starts every day off on green. This means they are paying attention and doing well. If they do something particularly well, above and beyond, they can receive a purple. It is a really big deal if they get a purple. If they art talking when they are not suppose to or not paying attention, they get a warning. The second time, their color changes from green to yellow. Yellow papers go home to the parents with an explaination of what the problem was. If they continue in the problems, they get an orange. If they yet continue, they get a red and get to go discuss the problem with the principal.

On Friday, when I went to pick-up Spencer, the teacher handed me an orange card. Spencer was upset. It said he was talking during letters and sounds time. It also said he was talking during sharing time and didn't complete work. The note also said he was warned numerous times. In addition to the orange note, he was also sent home with all of the work he did not complet and had to do it over the weekend and turn it in today, Monday. He said he didn't mean to talk he just did and he had two hard painting projects that kept him from doing the rest of his work.

Hmmmm.......

1 comment:

Dan and Sherri Overton said...

I feel Spencer's pain! I don't mean to talk non-stop, it just happens! I'm curious to see if Keane takes after me, or if he takes after his Daddy and never speaks!