Monday, October 19, 2009

Update

Lots has happened since my last post. My brother came home and it was an emotional homecoming. My Grandfather, B. LaMar Williams passed away which was very sad but in the end it is ok. I am happy that he is now the person he was. He no longer has to live with the effects of Dementia. I have no questions about where he is or who he is with or what he is doing. I know. It is really good to know. I am sad but not destitute. I know that we will be together again. My Grandmother is grieving and learning how to be on her own. A difficult thing to do since she was his primary care giver for the last 8 or 9 years. I miss him. I am glad that my brother got to visit with my grandfather before he passed away. It was sad to watch him die but important for me. I needed to see the process so that I could have closure. For me, when I saw him in the casket, he did not look like himself. He didn't look like the man that I had just spend the last 2 weeks with. I cried but I realized right away that he was no longer there. I am ok. He was buried in the Cypress Forrest Lawn Cemetery. We gave honor to him, we gave love to him, and we remembered him. Over all it was a good day.

No comments: