Sunday, June 6, 2010

Handball, Handball, Handball

My son has become taken with handball. He plays it at school, he plays it on my fence, he plays it on my laundry doors and he playes it on my front door...inside the house. Before this phase of his life, he would constantly carry around a ball, any ball, (a balloon works too) and bounce it or toss it up in the air. Always bouncing and tossing.

Now, he not only does that, he turns any two perpendicular planes, roughly at a 90 degree angle, into a handball court. What he does is, hits the ball, itbounces on the floor, bounces up and hits the wall (or door or fence or back of the chair) then bounces back to the floor to be hit again...back to the floor to the wall to the floor...hit...floor, wall, floor...hit.

I know the pattern of the sounds it makes by heart and I can hear it happening inside the house, outside on the fence or in the courtyard most of the time on any given day.

No comments: